How to Register Mobile number with SBI account
Last updated on December 31st, 2019 at 11:48 am
Register the Mobile Number with your State Bank Of India (SBI) Account immediately to avoid your Net Banking (Internet Banking) account get blocked. If your Mobile Number is not yet registered with your SBI Account then you have to register it immediately. Otherwise your Net Banking Account will be blocked.
Image Credit: www.onlinesbi.com
State Bank Of India already Intimidated Net Banking users about the requirement. Check the above screen shot marked area.
To Register the Mobile Number with your SBI Account, you have to contact your nearest Branch and submit a letter of request.
Reserve Bank Of India already directed all banks to ask their customers to mandatorily register for SMS and EMail Alerts to avoid fraud transactions.
You can easily check if your Mobile Number is registered with your SBI Account using the following steps.
- Login www.onlinesbi.com with your SBI Internet Banking User Name and Password. If you don’t have an Internet Banking Account in SBI, You Can Register and Activate the Net Banking Account Online.
- Click on ‘My Accounts & Profile‘ Menu on top
- Then Click on ‘Profile‘ tab and then click on ‘Personal Details/ Mobile ‘
- Now you will be asked to enter your SBI Profile Password to verify the profile access. Note that SBI Profile password and Login password is different.
- After entering the SBI Profile password, you can see your SBI Account registered Mobile Number last 2 digit and Email Address.
- If the Last 2 digit of the Mobile Number displayed is not available with you now, then you can change it online by clicking the link ‘Change Mobile Number-Domestic Only (Through OTP/ATM/Contact Centre)’
Watch the Video Tutorial:
How to Register the Mobile Number Through SBI Branch?
According to SBI, if you have not yet registered a Mobile Number with SBI and you want to continue using your SBI Internet Banking Account, then you have to visit nearby SBI Branch and Register the Mobile Number with your account immediately.
Follow below steps to Register the Mobile Number with SBI Branch:
- Visit You nearby SBI Branch and Submit a Mobile Number Registration request Letter with your SBI Account Number, Name, Address, New Mobile Number etc.
- Submit the Letter to the Branch.
- After the Verification, the Branch will update the Mobile Number with your SBI Account.
- Once the Mobile Number is successfully updated with your Account, SBI will send a SMS Notification
How to Change the Mobile Number Through SBI ATM?
You can change your Mobile Number through any SBI ATM.
Follow below steps (Note : This option will work only if you have the Old and New Mobile Number handy)
- Visit any SBI ATM and Swipe your Card
- Then Select the ‘Registration’ option
- Enter your SBI ATM Pin Number
- Select Mobile Number Registration and then Select ‘Change Mobile Number’ option.
- Now enter your Old Mobile Number and then you will get an option to enter the New Mobile Number.
- You will get an OTP in your Old as well as the New Mobile Number.
- Now send the OTP and Reference Number to 567676 in the below format.
ACTIVATE OTP VALUE + REFNUMBER
- Your new Mobile Number will be updated in your SBI Account.
Note: Do not share your SBI Internet Banking User Name, Password, Profile Password etc with anyone, even if they claim that they are from SBI Customer Care.
SBI will never ask your Online SBI Internet Banking User Name or Password.
Please ‘Like’ and ‘Share’ this important information with your Friends.
Join Our Facebook Group : www.facebook.com/groups/admeonline
- How to Change SBI Registered Mobile Number
- SBI Credit Card Payment Through Bill Desk
- How to Apply new SBI ATM Card Online
- How to change SBI ATM PIN Number online
- How to Track SBI ATM Card Delivery Status